The leader of the Islamist militant group Ansar Dine has agreed to cease attacks in Mali. Al Qaeda-linked Ansar Dine and other Islamist groups hijacked a Tuareg rebel uprising in 2012 to seize Mali’s desert north, but they were pushed out by a French-led military operation a year later. However, they have intensified operations this year, attacking parts of the west and south previously considered secure and raising fears that the violence will spill over into other regions. “I confirm having received from (Ansar Dine leader) Iyad Ag Ghali the cessation of hostilities throughout the country,” Mahmoud Dicko, president of the High Islamic Council, told Reuters, adding that he would soon brief Malian authorities.
An army jawan and a woman were killed on Monday afternoon as Pakistani troops resorted to heavy mortar shelling along Line of Control (LoC) in Rajouri and Mendhar sectors, Jammu-Kashmir. The jawan died in Rajouri sector where Pakistani troops targeted Manjakote and Ghambir areas. “Ceasefire violations in Rajouri sector are being retaliated with massive fire assault. One army soldier was martyred,” a spokesman of the Army’s Northern Command said.
Terrorist organizations and Daesh followers had planned to target Saudi and UAE football fans at the King Abdullah Sports City stadium on Oct. 11. As the muezzin was calling Muslims for the Maghreb prayer that day, 60,000 fans prepared to break their fast in Al-Jawhara Stadium parking lot, before the start of the match, in an atmosphere of spirituality, never thinking for a moment that their lives were in danger. Fortunately, security personnel nearby were watching closely and managed to protect the unsuspecting innocent fans from the acts of terrorists.
Russian Defense Ministry asserted that terrorists in Aleppo show no sign of de-escalating attacks on residential areas and humanitarian corridors. Commenting on the development of the Russian humanitarian pause, established on October 20 to secure the release of civilians via six specially-created escape routes, the Russian Defense Ministry noted that on Saturday night only 12 Syrians had managed to flee east Aleppo. The MoD noted that terrorists in Aleppo continue to intensively shell the residential areas and humanitarian corridors. The humanitarian pause is the only lifeline extended to civilians in east Aleppo, as the Russian and Syrian Air Forces continue to observe a no-fly-zone over Aleppo, staying at least 10km from the city.
A Saudi-paid mercenary senior commander was killed on Wednesday in a rocketry shelling by the national army and popular forces in the central province of Marib. Mohamed Nasir al-Nehmi, who was the right hand of slain general Abd al-Rab al-Shaddadi, was killed in Maib. In Today’s day there was Saudi aggression that destroyed a citizen’s home in Sues neighborhood in the port city of Mocha of Taiz province, and targeted an ice factory in the same area. There were other attacks in the areas like Sanaa and Jawf by Saudi Arabia.
Three people were lightly injured in two rock-throwing attacks in East Jerusalem on Tuesday. In one incident, two people were lightly hurt when stones were thrown at an Israeli car in the A-Tur neighborhood of East Jerusalem, police said. The two were treated at the scene by Magen David Adom rescue personnel. Security forces later arrested a 15-year-old East Jerusalem resident suspected to be behind the attack. In a separate incident, one person was lightly hurt after he was hit by stones near the Lions’ Gate entrance to the Old City of Jerusalem.
Two diplomatic buildings attacked in the last hours. They come after other two assaults on Egyptian and Algerian embassies.
Two attacks in Tripoli in the last hours. The first one happened close to Embassy of South Korea, where an armed group opened fire causing two victims. The second one was in front of Delegation of Morocco, empty in last months, where a device exploded but did not originate any victims. These two attempts come after other two latest attacks on Egyptian and Algerian embassies.
Nobody claimed these actions. But it’s clear that the attack on Morocco Embassy is aspiring to contrast Lybian negotiations so long as Rabat harbored them in the beginning of March. Peace talks between Tobruk and Tripoli has restarted on 13rd March.