North Sinai victim of new attacks against Egypt authorities. On Monday, two policemen had been killed, and 5 people injured in Nasr City. The attack happened on a checkpoint of the city. Attack is vindicated by a new-born terrorist group, named “the Hawks of Determination”. The terrorist group announced the death of 6 people, and has promised to publish a video of the attack on social media, soon. The group, form in 2016, has vindicated other similar attacks since June 2016 in the region. However, even if this attack show insecurity in North Sianai, we need to underline that according to the latest report by the Tahrir Institute for Middle East Policies (TIMEP), the number of terrorist attacks in Egypt decreased in the last quarter of 2016 to 168, compared to 209 in the third quarter, with 92 percent of the attacks taking place in North Sinai.
Nigerian troops fighting the extremist Boko Haram sect have suffered major setbacks, the terror group killed eight soldiers and wounded 11 others in two separate attacks. The army formations involved in the incidents also lost several arms and ammunition. The first incident, in Borno State, occurred when over 200 Boko Haram terrorists on motorcycles suddenly descended on the military base. The terrorist, had five gun trucks and artillery guns, The Nigerian troops fought back, but were dislodged from their location after about an hour of fierce battle. Five soldiers were killed in action while nine others were seriously injured. Four other soldiers are yet to be found. The army is currently lamenting the loss of their equipment, arms and ammunition in the incident, the terrorists also carted away 16 AK47 rifles, one HF radio, two rocket-propelled grenades, two 60MM mortals and all the reserved ammunition and drugs in the base.
In a news conference, Foreign Ministry spokesman Bahram Qassemi condemned the U.S. for threatening the security of the region, saying Washington must pay for its wrongdoings. Qassemi’s remarks came days after the head of the MKO, Maryam Rajavi, met with John McCain, a senior U.S. senator who was the Republican nominee for the 2008 U.S. presidential election. “You have stood up, fought, and sacrificed for freedom, for the right to live free, for the right to determine your future”, said McCain, referring to Rajavi. Qassemi further said the meeting came of no surprise to him, since the United States has supported various terrorist groups in recent decades. Once an important political actor inside Iran, the MKO fought the rule of Shah, Mohammad Reza Pahlavi, before the Islamic Revolution. However, after the 1979 revolution, it resorted to acts of terror and assassinations, killing thousands of innocent Iranians. According to Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist Seymour Hersh, MKO members were trained in the United States from 2005 to 2009, under former President George W. Bush. Their training included intercepting communications, cryptography, weaponry and small unit tactics. Following the election of Donald Trump as president, anti-Iran warmonger became much more vocal in U.S. politics, which in turn has empowered the MKO-like groups and individuals who are now calling for “regime change” in Iran.
The Iraqi Prime Minister Hider al-Abadi said in his weekly press conference that the referendum cannot be held in Kirkuk, as the Islamic State terrorist group still occupy areas in the province and as thousands of civilians from the province are displaced. Al-Abadi called for dialogue and cooperation in order to resolve the disputed area issue. Adding that “Baghdad stands on an equal distance from all components of Kirkuk as part and parcel of the country”. Earlier this month, the provincial council of Kirkuk voted for a referendum on the province’s secession from Iraq and joining Kurdistan Region, the vote came after the council decided to raise Kurdistan flag in Kirkuk and its governmental buildings. Joint delegation from the two leading Kurdish parties of the Patriotic Union of Kurdistan and Kurdistan Democratic Party had visited the capital Baghdad to discuss holding a referendum as well for addressing the disputed areas issue.
A Boko Haram gunman was killed Wednesday in a Village in Borno State. The spokesman of the Nigeria army, Sani Usman, said the attack was repelled by troops of 112 Task Force Battalion durign the Operation Lafiya Yole. The attack occurred when the troops were carrying out a fighting patrol towards Boskoro, Dikwa Local Government Area of Borno State where it was believed, a sleeper cell of Boko Haram terrorists was hibernating. “While advancing, the troops came in contact with some elements of the terrorists suspected to be in staging area to lay ambush for troops along Ajiri-Dikwa road”, said Mr. Usman. The patrol team engaged the terrorists and neutralized one of them, unfortunately one soldier sustained injury during the operation. The gallant soldier has been evacuated to military hospital and he is responding to treatment.
NSCDC ( Nigeria Security and Civil Defence) on tuesdaypareded a 17 years old boy who admitted having killed 18 people since he joined the terrorist group three years ago. Ali Mustafa said he was forced to join the group when he was abducted with many others kids in his village, Monguno.<Boko Haram insurgents came to our village and forcefully took many of us away. We were kept in the bush camp near Kala Balge and from there we carried out various operations, during which I personally killed 18 persons> the teenagers said. He has spent 3 years killing people against his wish, but recently,while in a mission to Maiduguri, he decided to abandon. Hundreds of young boys are currently working for Boko Haram, alongside the youg boy nine other criminals were arrested.
After the death of 5 Egyptian’s soldats, killed by a bomb attack in North Sinai, and the death of 18 civil these last days due to attacks, since the beginning of March, security campaigns in North Sinai have killed at least 30 militants, arrested more than 165 suspects over terror-related charges, detained about 300 suspects over charges including smuggling and illegal migration, ruined several smuggling tunnels, detonated dozens of explosive devices and seized large amounts of weapons and ammunition. Most of these attacks had been vindicated by a terrorist group affiliate to ISIS.
Hezbollah on Wednesday issued a statement condemning and deploring the dual terrorist bombings that rocked Damascus today, considering such cruel action as committed by inner hands for the purpose of breaking the Syrian will and handing Syria to foreign greedy seekers, foreign and some Arabs. Hezbollah called for besieging the terrorists and destroying them.
At least 30 people were killed and 45 others injured in a suicide attack targeting a courthouse in the center of the Syrian capital. According to Tasnim dispatches, Takfiri terrorists detonated a bomb in the Hamidiyeh neighborhood and targeted the Arab country’s Palace of Justice, killing 35 people and injuring 45.
The third round of Syria reconciliation talks in Astana is being extended for one day in the anticipation of arrival of Syrian armed opposition representatives to the negotiations, with the talks participants expected to discuss differentiation between terrorists and armed groups, the Kazakh Foreign Ministry’s Asia and Africa Department Director General AidarbekTumatov told Sputnik. “Tomorrow, on the 16th, the talks will be continued with a military aspect included, which, I think, is important, given the issues of terrorist groups’ location, including that of the IS and the Jabhat al-Nusra, and the location of moderate opposition are expected to be discussed”,Tumatov said. The future of the document will depend on the participants of the talks, but the humanitarian aspect is the most important in this process, the official added.