On Wednesday, Russian Defense Ministry spokesman, Igor Konashenkov, said that Syrian government troops have conducted, during the last few days, offensive operations in the southwest of Aleppo to gain control of several quarters. The militants are no longer able get into this city. The official affirmed that several neighborhoods in the southwestern part of the city, including the Benyamin district, that had been occupied by the militants, are now under the Syrian government control. The army has also made gains in the northern part of the city. The Russian Air Force has not launched any airstrikes on or near Aleppo for 29 days. The military official said, adding that humanitarian efforts are continuing in the area, with nine neighborhoods having received some 17 tons of aid during the week. On Wednesday, Kremlin’s spokesman, Dmitry Peskov also announced that the pause in airstrikes has been extended.