GEOPOLITICA DEL MONDO MODERNO

Tag archive

Boko Haram @en - page 3

Boko Haram' razes kills two soldiers

BreakingNews @en di

Boko Haram jihadists killed two soldiers and razed a village adjoining the northeast Nigerian town of Chibok where the group kidnapped more than 200 schoolgirls two years ago, residents said Sunday. “Boko Haram gunmen attacked the village around 19:30. They fired indiscriminately and hurled explosives,” resident Bitrus John told AFP. “They killed two soldiers and injured another one in gunfight,” he said. Troops patrolling the area engaged the Islamists in a shootout, allowing residents to flee the village unhurt, said John.

83 Nigerian soldiers still missing days after Boko Haram attack

BreakingNews @en di

At least 83 Nigerian soldiers are still missing days after they came under a Boko Haram attack on Tuesday. The latest update from several military personnel, follows the report on how Nigerian troops drowned in a river as they scampered for safety in front of a superior firepower from the terrorists. While about 20 of the fleeing soldiers were later rescued, several others were fatally wounded after Boko Haram opened fire on them when they jumped into the Yobe River. Military sources said the troops could not withstand Boko Haram because they had only two light armour tanks to work with.

Boko Haram: Chibok leader declares that over 100 girls are unwilling to leave the community

BreakingNews @en di

Nigeria’s government is negotiating the release of another 83 of the Chibok schoolgirls, but more than 100 others appear unwilling to leave their Boko Haram, a community leader said. The unwilling girls may have been radicalised by Boko Haram or are ashamed to return home because they were forced to marry extremists and have babies. Bitrus said the 21 Chibok girls freed last week in the first negotiated release between Nigeria’s government and Boko Haram should be educated abroad, because they will probably face stigma in Nigeria.

Nigeria, Chibok girls: talks with Boko Haram?

BreakingNews @en di

Nigerian President Muhammadu Buhari informed media he wants to negotiate with Boko Haram to Chibok girls’ release, after their kindapping in 2014: “If there is a plausible leader who tell us where are the girls, we’ll be ready to negotiate with them without preconditions, ” he told press.

[subscriptionform]
[level-european-affairs]
Meanwhile, the 2015 finished with other 80 killed. Last December 28, Boko Haram attacked on mosques, markets and bus stations through several young female suicide bomber. Terrorist attacks especially happened in Borno State and followed many others occured during December.

Statistics about Boko Haram are clear. Since 2014, at least 5600 civilians were killed, while over 2000 women and girls were kidnapped: they were reduced to slavery or enlisted. And, as reported by UNICEF, over 1 million children abandoned school among Nigeria, Camerun, Chad and Niger.
Giacomo Pratali

[/level-european-affairs]

Daesh: from Paris to Maiduguri

Europe/Middle East - Africa di

Paris attacks, on November 13, pointed out again that the terror threat reached a historical high within European borders. Beyond Syria and Iraq, where Daesh is headquartered, Africa is the favorite ISIS’s target. As proved by the last 15 days.
[subscriptionform]
[level-european-affairs]
More than 83 attacks all over the world from June 2014 to date, as reported by Le Monde. More than 1,600 victims. Raqqa (Syria) and Maiduguri (Nigeria) the most affected cities. Since March 2015, when the Nigerian militant group Boko Haram joined the Caliphate, terrorist actions in Africa have dramatically increased. As well as the several organizations that, from Mali to Egitto, hit in the name of ISIS.

After 129 killed in Paris, others were added from November to today:

Mali: More than 20 people were killed after a raid against Radisson Hotel last November 20. Thanks to military action by French and US special forces, 150 hostages were freed. After the arrest of two suspects, the local terrorist cells attacked on UN base at Kidal, killing 3 people.

Egypt: Two terrorist attacks. The first one, on November 24, was a double suicide attack which killed 4 people on a hotel in North Sinai. The second one, on November 28, when terrorists opened fire on checkpoint in Giza, killing 4 policemen.

Nigeria: Before a truck station, then a Shiite procession. These two places, near the capital Maiduguri, were the two targets of Boko Haram troops. Over 35 and 32 killed.

Camerun: Four different kamikaze actions of four girls killed at least 5 people in Fotokol on 21 November.

Tunisia: 13 killed following a suicide bomb attack against a bus carrying members of Tunisia’s presidential guard on 24 November in Tunis. As well as actions in the Bardo Museum and on Sousse beach last June, Daesh claimed responsibility.
Giacomo Pratali

[/level-european-affairs]

Nigeria: international community’s deafening silence

BreakingNews @en di

Five suicide little girls killed 4 deaths (including themselves) and 41 wounded in Maiduguri, the capital of Borno State. Explosions took place near a mosque, after the evening prayer, and security building. Although it has not claimed responsibility yet, attacks are very probably endorsed by Boko Haram. In addition, it’s not the first time that this jihadist organization uses brainwashed girls to hit population.

[subscriptionform]
[level-european-affairs]
If Syria and Libya are in international community spotlights, the same can not be said for Nigeria, as evidenced by refusal of military aid from the United States last July. Already in September, Borno has seen over 100 casualties caused by Boko Haram. Nigerian army outposts strengthening in Maiduguri and African military force creation along with Cameroon, Chad, Nigeria and Benin have not led to the desired results, despite some hostages release in north-eastern Nigeria.

In addition, to worsen this context, there is sanitation situation in the capital of Borno State. As reported by MSF, in the count of 16 September, there were 16 deaths and 172 cases of cholera in the camps in Maiduguri. Displaced people at these facilities would be 1,600,000, too many for the number of beds available: “Once again, MSF and the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) are alone on the field,” MSF Head of Mission in Nigeria Ghada Hatim said.

The news of Boko Haram arrival in Libya and the migration emergency due to the displacement of hundreds of thousands Chadians and Nigerians, can no longer remain silent. Finally, Nigerian division between developed south and under siege north, it makes almost impossible refugee status to Nigerian people escaped by Boko Haram: indeed, Nigerian people are generically considered illegal economic migrants.

Giacomo Pratali

[/level-european-affairs]

Nigeria-Libya: one-way trip

Middle East - Africa di

The Multi National Joint Task Force announced deployment of nearly 9000 units against Boko Haram, after 200 victims in the last two weeks. The same Boko is ready to support Daesh in Sirte.

[subscriptionform]
[level-european-affairs]
8700 soldiers deployed against Boko Haram. It is what was announced on 26 August by coalition Multi National Joint Task Force, composed of Nigeria, Cameroon, Chad, Niger and Benin. Especially the first three countries, are increasingly involved in fights with Islamist organization affiliated ISIS.

A measure that could be late. Borno State is epicenter of clashes between Islamist troops and army, which caused at least 200 civilian casualties in the last two weeks. An answer to many people freed by Nigerian army in the same time.

But there is another feature. In addition to refugees on the run from these continuous massacres and headed for Libya, there is another route towards Sirte. As reported by many international media, the Libyan sources have estimated that “200 Boko Haram militants would be ready to join the ranks of the Isis.”

State of Borno, Lake Chad, Cameroon and now Sirte. The Caliphate network is enlarging. And the methods of terror, already witnessed in the villages Nigerians, Chadians and Cameroonians, is the same in Sirte. Just a few days ago, spiritual leader of Islamic State Hassan Karami announced in the mosque in Rabat: “We’ll behead rebels of the opposition after the Friday prayers, people of Sirte deliver their daughters fighters that get married. ”

Harsh words which show how Islamic State has taken root in Sirte from June to today. Mosques, institutions and media are in their hands. And victims, deriving from Libya Fajr, Brigades of Misrata and other Libyan groups, is the evidence that the lack of national unity is a Daesh advantage.
Giacomo Pratali

[/level-european-affairs]

Nigeria: the army frees 178 hostages

Blitz against Boko Haram emplacements. A few days before, Nigerian army has freed 71 women. Meanwhile, Benin announced to provide about 800 soldiers to defeat jihadist organization.

[subscriptionform]
[level-european-affairs]
Nigerian army has freed 178 hostages held by Boko Haram on Sunday 2 July. 67 of them were women and 101 children. Aviation has also announced that it has killed several militants after raid near Maiduguri. Other 71 women has been freed on 31st July.

A few hours earlier, Benin announced to provide about 800 soldiers to defeat the Boko Haram. Troops who will be added to weak (for lack of funds) African coalition composed of Nigeria, Niger, Chad and Cameroon. Boko Haram is responsible for more than 800 killings since February, when Nigerian President Buhari was elected.

Not only Muslims, but also Christians were targeted by jihadist organization affiliated to Isis. On 30th July 20 fishermen, hailing from Chad, were beheaded in Nigeria: “It was a group of four men, but armed with machine guns and machetes. They explained that the fishermen are emulating Issa (the name of Jesus in the pages of the Koran), a prophet who with his words has attracted many people foolish, trying to corrupt the world,” said a 16 year old who survived the massacre.
Giacomo Pratali

[/level-european-affairs]

Boko Haram: 29 Christians killed

Middle East - Africa di

Islamists raid two villages in North-Eastern Nigeria. In recent weeks, several attack also on Cameroon and Chad. Finally, Obama rejected military support to Nigerian President Buhari.

[subscriptionform]
[level-european-affairs]
29 Christians have been killed in two villages of the Borno State on Tuesday 28th July. The attack, carried out by Boko Haram, has left few survivors. The news comes a few hours after the Nigerian army rescue of 30 people abducted in Dikwa by the Islamist cell.

Raid are more and more habitual. Often characters are children and teenagers. As thef 9 year old blown up at a nightclub in Maroua (Cameroon). Or the girl exploded in the market in Damaturo (Nigeria). Actions that led fifty dead and several wounded

The war against Boko Haram concerns more territories.The Cameroon government, in fact, ordered the temporary closure of mosques and Islamic schools in the villages on the border with Nigeria. In Chad, where terrorists attacked on N’Djamena, army killed about 20 militants last week. While most of the inhabitants of Lake Chad islands, targeted in recent weeks, have evacuated their homes.

These actions demonstrate even more a strategy already evident. First, Boko Haram wants to disclose its radicalization in Nigeria. In addition, in response to the alliance of Lagos with Cameroon and Chad, the organization has definitively crossed the borders of Borno State.

Meanwhile, International Community remains at the window. The Us Presidente Obama’s support in the words to his Nigerian counterpart Buhari, supplied in the meeting in Washington on July 21, appears weak. In practice, the request for military support, is rejected by the chief of the White House because a rule does not allow to help a state which does not respect the human rights. Conversely, Buhari answered talking about “support for the work of Boko Haram” by the US. The risk is that, like in Syria and Libya, even Nigeria, Chad and Cameroon fell in a permanently geopolitcal chaos.
Giacomo Pratali

[/level-european-affairs]

Nigeria and Cameroon: over 70 killed

Middle East - Africa di

Boko Haram have still signed other slaughters. About 200 victims since beginning of July. The Jihadist organization have also offered the 200 Chibok students kidnapped in April 2014 in return for sixteen detained militants.

[subscriptionform]
[level-european-affairs]
Boko Haram is continuing to claim victims. Over 70 killed in the last days in State of Borno and in Fotokol, Cameroon, Terroristic organization is revealing its vitality after the African countries alliance in the last months.

After the condemnation of the United Nations, President Buhari has removed the leaders of the Armed Forces, following criticism received. However, after the bloody actions of this July, which weaked many Muslim religion victims, it’s clear that Boko Haram is judging as a “traitor” the new head of state elected in March because it’s a moderate Muslim. And it justifies last slaughters in Nigeria, Cameroon and Chad.

Meanwhile, on 8th July, a NGO’s representative have reported an exchange proposed by Boko Haram to the Nigerian government. The terrorist organization would release 200 Chibok students, abducted in April 2014, in exchange for sixteen jihadists captured by the army.
Giacomo Pratali

[/level-european-affairs]

Giacomo Pratali
0 £0.00
Vai a Inizio
× Contattaci!