GEOPOLITICA DEL MONDO MODERNO

Category archive

BreakingNews @en - page 5

Montenegro, Albania and Kosovo established Joint Centre for Police Cooperation

BreakingNews @en di

Minister of Interior of Montenegro Mevludin Nuhodžić, Minister of Interior of Albania Dritan Demiraj and Deputy Minister of Interior of Kosovo Valdet Hoxha sined a Protocol for establishing the Joint Centre for Police Cooperation in Plav. This protocol will include exchange of information to fight against crime and make activities more effective at national borders. The Montenegrin minister said that this will help safeguard the stability of the region by fighting against transnational criminal organizations. The Kosovo Minister has also been fully in agreement with what he said, asserting that the protocol itself will make the region safer and will also help to monitor the phenomenon of illegal immigration and human trafficking. German Ambassador to Montenegro Hans Günther congratulated the governments of Montenegro, Albania and Kosovo, saying that Germany will support this kind of acts of cooperation, and so did the US Ambassador to Montenegro Margaret Ann Uyehara.

 

 

Shiite forces control mass grave sites in Yezidi areas of Shingal

BreakingNews @en di

Iraq’s Shiite Hashd al-Shaabi paramilitaries have discovered 10 mass graves in areas they recently captured from ISIS militants in the Shingal region. These areas previously have been inaccessible to families of the victims, as well as local and international investigators. Rudaw’s Tahseen Qasim in Shingal reported that the Hashd al-Shaabi located three mass graves in the Siba Sheikh Khidir complex in the south of Shingal and another two in the Girzirgski complex. Qasim added five more mass graves were also discovered in Kocho village. Representatives of the Kurdistan Regional Government have used satellite imagery to identify many areas that likely contain mass graves; however, because of safety concerns and political differences, Kurdish investigators have been unable to go actually to the sites on the ground even when survivors like Yezidis provide testimony and evidence. A Yezidi member of the Iraqi parliament announced yesterday through a statement on the Kurdistan Democratic Party (KDP) website that Yezidis will soon open an online repository for the documentation of ISIS atrocities. “We will launch an online museum in the near future in order to be able to document all the atrocities committed against our community,” Vian Dakhil wrote in the statement. “Everyone could send their stories to the museum and their evidence will officially in one of the documenting agencies in the world will be registered”.  Kocho, the hometown of the UN Goodwill Ambassador Nadia Murad, is a symbol of ISIS atrocities against Yezidi people. It is 18 kilometers south of Shingal town. Some 4,000 Yezidis used to inhabit it. When ISIS militants attacked Shingal and its surroundings in August 2014, they arrested thousands of Yezidis, many from the village of Kocho. Some of them were collectively killed in the village, other girls and women were sold or taken by ISIS members. The fates of thousands of Yezidis still remain unclear. “There have been over 40 mass graves found in Sinjar. I am horrified by the thought of the remains of six of my brothers in those graves, along with 700 other Yazidis who were summarily executed on the 15th of August 2014,” Murad said earlier this week. She partially laid the blame on the international community for what happened against the Yeizids by ISIS, explaining that in the period before the group besieged Kocho — prior to the massacre — Yezidis had asked for help. “Kocho is one of the capital crimes of 21st century”, she added. “It is with this in mind that I ask the liberating and security forces to preserve all findings, so there will be living evidence of the Islamic State crimes forever”. Shiite forces force announced it had reached the Syrian border on Monday. The Hashd al-Shaabi “made a miracle in the month of Ramadan” with their arrival at the Syrian border, Hadi al-Amiri, the secretary general of the Badr Organization, an influential military wing within the Hashd al-Shaabi, stated in an announcement published on their website. Last week the force declared it had cleared the town of Qairawan and its 13 villages and complexes, of which many were predominately Yezidi.

Iranian MP: UNESCO agenda not contradictory to Constitution

BreakingNews @en di

A review of the 17 sustainable development goals of 2030 UNESCO Agenda shows that it does not contradict Iran’s Constitution and tenets of Islam, said a member of Education and Research Committee of Iran’s Parliament (Majlis). The 17 goals of the document are to a great extent in line with the Islamic Republic of Iran’s objectives, said Mahmoud Sadeghi, pointing to the 4th goal aimed at lifetime equal educational opportunities as an example. He added that Iran had declared reservations in implementing the document, particularly with regard to those parts that may be construed as contradictory to regulations and national priorities, religious teachings and cultural values of the Iranian society. Ending poverty in all forms and everywhere, ending hunger, providing food security, health and prosperity for every member at any age, as well as gender equality and empowering women and girls are among other goals of the agenda, according to the member of Parliament. Under one of the goals, for example, eliminating discrimination against women and girls is proposed, that may conflict with some views towards women rights in Iran, he said, adding that in the very case the national workgroup working on the agenda has used the term “justice” instead of “equality”. Iran has declared the reservation in implementing some parts of the 2030 agenda that are against Iran’s regulations or laws, added Sadeghi, emphasizing indigenizing the contradictory parts according to the values of each country as a solution to problematic areas.

Energa 2017: Center Skenderija is becoming a Regional Energy Center

BreakingNews @en di

International Project Energa, An event related to energy and development, will be held in the Center Skenderija in the period from June 6 to 8, 2017. The event will bring together many companies, Such as British, Czech, Polish and German companies, and will enable many foreign investors to know the economic reality of Bosnia and Herzegovina better. This event will be held under the auspices of the Ministry of Foreign Trade and Economic Relations of BiH, the Ministry of Energy, Industry, and Mining of the FBiH, the Government of Canton Sarajevo and the City of Sarajevo. The other Partners of this project are Foreign Trade Chamber of BiH and the Chamber of Commerce of the FBiH.

 

Yemen cholera killing people as infections increasing

BreakingNews @en di

Even World Health Organization has declared there are 7.5 million people, who live in contagious area,  and many of them are at risk of cholera. Due to the civil Yemeni war, health conditions and services got worsed and this has led to malnutrition, dirty water and food shortages. According to general Director of United Nations Fund for Arab Region, it has been increased number of death among pregnant women and this should be considered the worst humanitarian disaster in the last decades. This situation is due to malnutrition and displacement. This war has seriously affected the health local and national service, and actually just 30% of national sanitation service is available.

Min of Religious Affairs: no prayer of the "Tahajjud" in the mosques without authorization

BreakingNews @en di

Minister of religious affairs, said that “Tahajjud”, the Night Prier, won’t be allowed in the mosques during Ramadan without a specific authorization from the Minister. The aim of this measure is to guarantee the security of faithful and of the places of worship, said the Minister, adding that the authorization will allow Ministry to made the right measures to guarantee the fluxes of faithful. Another objective is to fight against irregulars mosques, today there are 62 mosques that risk to be closed. The Minister’s spokesman said that Minister will improve the fight against terrorism, in particularly in the south of the Country and he added that Minister organized 113 events during Ramadan.

: Qassim Governator: a new step taken in fight against terrorism through Etidal

BreakingNews @en di

after the establishment of center countering terrorism in Riyadh and after important and noteworthy speeches of King Salman, Prince Faisal would have said Saudi Arabia is major contributor to fight against terrorism. Kingdom has adopted also news laws and legislations in order to improve its own means to fight more efficiently terrorism and extremism. According to Prince Faisal the innovation introduced by Etidal is having established a United stand to fight terrorism. In addition to this, the Prince has recognized the necessity of modernizing institutions, to make them more efficient to reply to some emergencies and to recruit as well as possible the best security personnel, who will be able to face critical and difficult situations. It is certainly necessary introducing some economic and social plans, which can help at modernizing this view of society and eradicate from origin problem related to Terrorism and Extremism, instilling new human values, which can face misunderstanding.

Electoral commission yet to be provided with funds needed for referendum

BreakingNews @en di

The Kurdistan Region’s Independent High Electoral and Referendum Commission (IHERC) has yet to be provided with the funds needed for the referendum anticipated to be held this year on the region’s independence, spokesman Shirwan Zrar said. During a press conference held in Erbil following the committee’s meeting with Kurdish political parties under the auspices of the United Nations, the IHERC spokesman said the allocated money is sufficient only for the upcoming parliamentary and presidential elections. “An average of 22 billion Iraqi dinars is set to be deposited to the commission’s account for the parliamentary and presidential elections”, Zrar said. A date for holding the Kurdistan Region’s referendum has yet to be scheduled. According to IHERC estimates there are around 3,500,000 eligible voters. The IHERC spokesman said the commission will attempt to use electronic services in the process of counting votes for an efficient process and to announce the result of the elections as soon as possible. The committee has been in touch with the Ministry of Health to combat voter fraud and have clear voter registration rolls, Zrar said.

Iran's missile program for deterrence: Spokesman

BreakingNews @en di

Iran would continue its current missile policy which is defensive and for deterrence, Foreign Ministry Spokesman Bahram Qasemi said. Speaking in a press conference, Qasemi noted that Iran has a transparent missile policy and its missile program does not violate any UN resolution. Iran plays an advisory role in Iraq and Syria upon a request from their legal governments, the official said, noting that Islamic Republic aims to help these two countries to expel terrorists and establish peace in the war-torn regions. Elaborating on Iran stance on new US congress bill to increase Iran’s sanctions, he said that the US practical actions and policies are important to Iran and Tehran is ready to counter any US measure. Speaking on Qatar and Kuwait reactions to US President Donald Trump visit to the region, Qasemi said that presence of foreign powers in the region has always disrupted regional security and unity. There was no consensus among countries that took part in the Riyadh summit on the summit declaration, he added. Qasemi noted that Iran has been always in talk with regional states including Kuwait, Qatar and Oman to resolve differences. “Before the Riyadh summit, we cautioned the Arabic-Islamic countries of Israel plot for sewing discord among Islamic countries”, he added. Elsewhere in his remarks, the spokesman hailed huge turnout of Iranians residing abroad in the May 19 presidential election. He said also that Iran is pursuing martyrdom of two of its border guards in the joint border with Turkey.

U.S. might ban laptops on all flights into and out of the country

BreakingNews @en di

The United States might ban laptops from aircraft cabins on all flights into and out of the country as part of a ramped-up effort to protect against potential security threats, U.S. Homeland Security Secretary John Kelly said on Sunday. In March, the government imposed restrictions on large electronic devices in aircraft cabins on flights from 10 airports, including the United Arab Emirates, Qatar and Turkey. Kelly said the move would be part of a broader airline security effort to combat what he called “a real sophisticated threat”. He said no decision had been made as to the timing of any ban.

 

Redazione
Vai a Inizio
× Contattaci!