The Syrian military said Israel carried out an attack on a military base in the city of al-Qutayfah outside of Damascus early Tuesday morning, which appears to have been used as a weapon depot, and in particular long-range missiles radius. The pro-regime al-Mayadeen media reported that the bombing occurred over several hours – 2:40, 3:04 and 4:15 – and was carried out by both aircraft and ground-to-ground missiles. The target was a base belonging to the 155th Syrian Military Artillery Regiment. It is assumed that the air attack is due to the will to defend itself against the Iranian expansion in the region. It is no secret that Israel is worried by the Iranian military presence in Syria, in fact, the government of Netanyahu has long been embarking on diplomatic, intelligence and security operations aimed at preventing the country just emerging from the war from becoming an Iranian military base.
TEHRAN – On Tuesday, in a gathering of people of Qom held in Tehran, leader of the Islamic Revolution Ayatollah Seyed Ali Khamenei said that a tripartite plot was behind the recent violent unrest in some Iranian cities: the US and Israel as one side of the triangle that masterminded the plot and worked on it for months. On the second side of the tripartite plot stood a Persian Gulf wealthy state which financed the ploy, while the third party included lackeys of the terrorist Mojahedin-e-Khalq Organization (MKO) that had been prepared since months ago. Ayatollah Khamenei also pointed to two command bases the enemies had set up in the vicinity of Iran to coordinate and control the operation: one of the bases was tasked with handling the operation in the cyberspace, while the second one focused on directing the unrest. “The US is clearly pursuing the objective of overthrowing the Islamic Republic”, the Leader warned, saying unlike the previous US administrations, the current one has announced such a policy in an unabashed and overt manner. Imam Khamenei then praised the Iranian nation for protecting the country and standing against hostile plots like a “strong dam”, citing the massive rallies held across Iran in condemnation of the riots and acts of vandalism and desecration. The Leader finally called on Iranian officials and political activists to try to solve the problems, saying correction of deficiencies would thwart the foreign propaganda campaign and prevent the US from harming the country. He also stressed that a distinction should be made between legitimate demands of the people and acts of vandalism by a certain group.
Mike Pence, the US Vice President, will visit Egypt next week. This trip is part of the MENA tour that was rescheduled from December because of the US President Trump’s decision to recognise Jerusalem as the capital of Israel. Pence will travel to Egypt on January 20 to met the President El- Sisi, and then he will visit Jordan and Israel to encounter the King Abdullah and the Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and President Reuven Rivlin. The aim of this tour is to discuss the efforts in the fight against terrorism and to improve security.
The United States has accused China of “provocative militarisation” of disputed areas in the South China Sea.
It would seem in fact China is continuing to do some work in the disputed waters, including installing high-frequency radar and other facilities that can be used for military purposes. Some aerial footage by the official China Central Television show Fiery Cross Reef (part of the Spratly Islands chain) which appeares to have been transformed into an airbase.
Brian Hook, a senior adviser to US Secretary of State Rex Tillerson, said USA will continue sending vessels to the region to carry out freedom-of-navigation patrols.
Beijing insists it has sovereignty over almost all the South China Sea but the Philippines, Vietnam, Malaysia, Brunei and Taiwan also have claims to the waters. Manila, in particular, says Beijing broke the promise not to militarize man-made islands.
Illegal armed groups in separate areas of Donetsk and Luhansk regions (ORDLO) continue limiting freedom of movement of monitors of the OSCE Special Monitoring Mission (SMM) and jeopardize their work, Ukraine’s representatives of the Joint Control and Coordination Center (JCCC) have reported.
“Since early 2018, the OSCE SMM continues to register cases of threats, limitations of access to military facilities and freedom of movement of its patrols on the territory temporarily uncontrolled by the government of Ukraine”, the press center of the ATO headquarters said on its Facebook page on Sunday morning. “At the same time, populists from ORDLO simulate teeming activity, having issued the second “order” in the past six months banning the unjustified limitation of freedom of movement of OSCE monitors. After issuing the first “order” late August 2017, the number of these restrictions not only did not decrease but even increased. For example, during the first month when “the order” was in effect the OSCE CMM recorded 46 cases of these violations”, the headquarters said.
The government said that the state of emergency will be extended again.. Deputy Prime Minister and government spokesman Bekir Bozdag said: “The state of emergency will be extended once more”. He did not specify a duration, but past extensions have been done for three months. To get the parliament approval for the state of emergency the government must see serious indications of widespread violence that could interfere with Turkey’s democratic environment or its citizens’ basic rights and freedoms as set by the constitution. Turkey declared the state of emergency for the first time on July 20, after a deadly coup attempt by FETO. During the last year, Turkey police had arrested thousands of people suspected of involvement in the coup.
Various sectors of the population, such as doctors, transport workers, churches, teachers, civic groups, trade unions, some public universities, journalists’ associations and the Central Obrera Boliviana have declared themselves on alert for the contents of the new Criminal System Code, because they consider that the rule violates your rights. President Evo Morales denounced that there is an attempt to destabilize his government with the argument of the abrogation of the new Criminal System Code and announced that he will take legal action to re-establish medical care in the country’s hospitals.
TEHRAN – Lorestan Province’s intelligence office announced that a cell linking with the terrorist Mojahedin-e Khalq Organization (MKO) was disbanded in the city of Boroujerd, in the western province of Lorestan on Friday morning. According to a statement, four members of the terrorist cell have been arrested, and one of them has been injured in clashes. The statement also added that the terrorist cell has been involved in many acts of sabotage in the province of Lorestan, particularly in Boroujerd, over the past days. According to commander of the Islamic Revolution Guards Corps (IRGC) Major General Mohammad Ali Jafari, many rioters arrested in the recent unrest have been trained by the MKO terrorists. Last week, a number of peaceful protests over economic problems broke out in several Iranian cities, but the gatherings turned violent when groups of participants, some of them armed, vandalized public property and launched attacks on police stations and government buildings. According to media reports over a dozen people have been killed in the ensuing violence. Following the unrest, demonstrators from all walks of life held demonstrations in many cities across Iran, including several provincial capitals to condemn violent riots, acts of vandalism and desecration that happened during the recent civil protests in the country and voice support for the Islamic Republic’s Establishment.
More and more diplomatically isolated, the Turkish president must reconnect with the countries of the European Union. He wants to be an indispensable partner of the Twenty-eight on the issue of migration and regional crises. “We want to increase the number of our friends and reduce that of our enemies,” said Recep Tayyip Erdogan recently. “On regional issues and in the bilateral field, the steps we have taken with Emmanuel Macron are going in the right direction” added Erdogan.
While the personalities of the two leaders are opposed in many ways, there are also common strategic interests and convergences on many regional issues, starting with Syria. Erdogan believes, like French diplomacy, that Bashar Al-Assad can not ultimately embody the future of his country.
The two men will also discuss the situation in the Gulf and Libya, and the instability created by the US recognition of Jerusalem as the capital of Israel. “Turkey remains a strategic partner in many ways: in terms of migration, fight against terrorism, resolution of regional crises,” said Thursday the Minister of Foreign Affairs, Jean-Yves Le Drian, stressing that this dialogue “demanding and constructive “must be” based on Turkey’s own human rights commitments “.
As reported by a militar official, artillery force of the yemenite army and popular commettes on Friday shelled gatherings of Saudi-paid mercenaries in Najaran border province. The artillery shelling targeted mercenaries’ gatherings in front of The artillery shelling targeted mercenaries’ gatherings in front of Khadhraa outlet, inflicting the enemy heavy losses.