Algeria exported 73,264 tonnes of liquefied natural gas (LNG) to Japan in November 2017, the US news agency Platts reported on Wednesday.The LNG exported by Algeria to Japan represents an increase of 20.7% compared to the same period of the previous year, when 60,714 tons were exported in November 2016. The Algerian LNG arrived in Japan on November 7th at shipboard The Oak Spirit. These volumes place Algeria in eleventh place in the countries from which Japan imported LNG this November, behind the United States (125,171 tons) or Papua New Guinea (188,473 tons). Algeria also remains far behind the leaders of Australia (2.23 million tonnes exported in November) and Malaysia (1.16 million tonnes).In total, Japan imported 6.41 million tonnes of LNG during the month of November 2017, down 15% compared to the same period last year.
In a statement on Thursday evening, Iran’s Foreign Ministry Spokesman Bahram Qassemi offered condolences to the Afghan government, nation and families of victims of suicide terrorist attack targeting the cultural center of Tebyan in Afghanistan’s capital of Kabul. He strongly condemned the attack and stressed the fact that attacking the cultural and media centers or the intellectuals that discredit extremist and violent ideologies revealed the depth of aversion that masterminds and perpetrators of terrorist activities have to freedom of speech, knowledge, wisdom and unity in Afghanistan. Qassemi also added that the Afghan government and nation’s vigilance, unity among all groups and ethnicities, and regional cooperation are key to tackling the problems and hostile acts by terrorists. The Daesh (ISIL) terrorist group has claimed responsibility for the suicide attack in which at least 41 people died and dozens of others were injured in the bombing at Tebyan center in Pule Sokhtia area of Kabul. Officials believe that that more than one assailant, maybe three suicide bombers, have carried out the attack that also involved the use of grenades.
Mogherini’s Press Office, in response to Gazeta’s request to the EU foreign policy chief, Federica Mogherini, to comment on the initiative of the Assembly of Kosovo to Repeal the Law on Specialist Chambers and Specialist Prosecution, told that the statement of the Head of the EU Office in Kosovo, Nataliya Apostolova, reflects the stance of 28 EU member countries.During a statement, Apostolova has defined extremely dangerous the initiative of the Kosovo Assembly to abrogate the Law. “I am appalled by the initiative of the Kosovo Assembly to abrogate or in any other way put out of force the Law on Specialist Chambers and Specialist Prosecution Office”, said The EU representative while asking the assembly to immediately withdraw this initiative. Apostolova also added that such initiative would jeopardize the common effort made in recent years in the field of the rule of law and justice, and would jeopardize those who defend final impunity.
The Charter on the Partnership Partnership, signed Saturday in Algiers by the Government, the General Union of Algerian Workers (UGTA) and the Patronage, is a framework for the revival and diversification of the national economy, says the document bearing this Charter. The signatories of this Charter are the Prime Minister, Ahmed Ouyahia, for the government, the secretary general of the UGTA, Abdelmadjid Sidi Said, as well as the presidents of the employers’ organizations that are signatories of the National Economic and Social Growth Pact. Several ministers were present at this ceremony. They are the Ministers, respectively, of Finance, Abderrahmane Raouya, Energy, Mustapha Guitouni, Industry and Mining, Youcef Yousfi, Housing Urbanism and City, Abdelwahid Temmar, of Agriculture, Rural Development and Fisheries, Abdelkader Bouazghi, Labor, Employment and Social Security, Mourad Zemali, Public Works and Transport, Abdelghani Zaalane, and Water Resources, Hocine Necib. Sonatrach’s CEO, Abdelmoumen Ould Kaddour, Sonelgaz’s Mohamed Arkab, and the president of the Association of Banks and Financial Institutions (ABEF) were also present.
The head of the Criminal Lawyers’ Association, Saimir Vishaj, made a statement in an interview for Report TV, he declared: “Chief Prosecutor Arta Marku cannot appoint or dismiss, but she can command at the helm of any prosecution of judicial districts any prosecutor with moral and professional integrity”. Then he adds that based on the new law on Prosecution, the General Prosecutor has no mandatory role for investigations or abolishing decisions because such competence has passed to the court”. Vishaj clarified that it is in the attributes of the General Prosecutor, but he aroused the concern that there are prosecutors leading prosecutions today, who have lost the functions of command.”The head of the General Prosecution cannot create other institutions without HCP first being established.This lack causes a vacuum in the work of the prosecution. The role of the chief prosecutor should be the selection of the best prosecutors, there are six prosecutors who will be part of the HCP after passing the vetting, together with the five members coming from the parliament. Only an agreement of political subjects will enable the new institutions within spring” concluded Vishaj.
Beijing government advisors observe that the risk of war on the Korean peninsula is at its highest point in decades. Senior government advisers and military officers warned Beijing on Saturday that the escalation of the war of words between US President Donald Trump and North Korean leader Kim Jong-un indicates that China must remain on high alert for war on the Korean peninsula, as the risk of conflict has never been greater. “North Korea is a time bomb”, detailed China’s executive-level State Council cabinet advisor Shi Yinhong during a Beijing conference on the Korean crisis. “We can only delay the explosion, hoping that by delaying it, a time will come to remove the detonator”, said Shi, a Renmin University international relations professor, cited by the South China Morning Post (SCMP). Chinese government advisor Shi agreed with Tillerson’s observation, noting that any hope for peace cannot rest with Kim and Trump, and pointing out that China and Russia must work together to convince Pyongyang and its adversaries in the west to stand down from their aggressive military footing.
Russian officers have delivered a 1.3-tonne batch of humanitarian aid to residents of Qasir al-Ward village in Syria’s Aleppo province in the last 24 hours, the Russian center for the reconciliation of opposing sides in Syria said on Saturday.”Over the last 24 hours, the Russian Centre for the reconciliation of opposing sides has delivered a 1.3-tonne humanitarian consignment to residents of the settlement of Qasir al-Ward, Aleppo province. Citizens received 300 food kits of rice, canned meat, and sugar,” the center said. Besides, 38 Syrians have returned to their homes in the last 24 hours, among them were 15 refugees in the Aleppo province and 23 in Homs province. Ten residents in the settlement of al-Huseiniyah, Deir Ez-Zor province, were given medical treatment. Ceasefire agreements were signed with the settlements of Ayn Abu Sirah and Tell Dakhiriyet al-Sayah, Aleppo province. The Syrian government alongside Russian Reconciliation Centre and UN office in Damascus “continue searching for an opportunity to provide humanitarian assistance to people in the al-Rukban camp”.
The decision of the US administration to make the city of Jerusalem the capital has provoked disapproval among the international community and particularly among the public opinion in the Arab world. Tunisia was among the first Arab countries to have courageously expressed its refusal of this unilateral decision. Indeed, the head of state Beji Caid Essebsi decided this Friday, to invite the American ambassador to Tunis, Daniel H. Rubinstein, to inform him of the position of Tunisia regarding the decision of Donald Trump. The Ministry of Foreign Affairs also denounced the decision a few minutes after its announcement. The Assembly of the representatives of the people adopted, Thursday, in plenary session a motion also condemning this decision. Tunisians for their part spontaneously mobilized to express their solidarity with the Palestinian people. Many national organizations and components of civil society have called on Tunisians to participate massively in protest movements against this decision in several forms of militancy, including the peaceful marches and the boycott of American products.
The Office of the Prosecutor of the International Criminal Court (ICC) in the Netherlands has recorded more than 1,200 incidents involving crimes allegedly committed in Donbas. This is stated in the annual Report on Preliminary Examination Activity, issued by the Prosecutor of the International Criminal Court, Fatou Bensouda. “The Office has recorded more than 1,200 incidents involving crimes allegedly committed since 20 February 2014 in the context of events in eastern Ukraine”, the document says. The Office of the Prosecutor reports that some 10,225 people have been killed and 24,541 injured since the start of the conflict. In particular, at least 2,505 civilians were allegedly killed in armed hostilities between April 2014 and August 2017. In addition, official statistics suggest that more than 15,000 persons have been reported as “missing” in the conflict zone since April 2014. Torture or ill-treatment was reportedly perpetrated in the context of the conflict, involving several hundred alleged victims.
On Monday, the Kurdish Peshmerga Ministry Halgurd Hikmat said that the recent al-Hashd al-Shaabi (Popular Mobilization Forces) deployment in Cremian region, between Jalawla and Calar town, is a dangerous step that doesn’t help de-escalation and that is considered a rupture of the truce between Iraqi and Peshmerga troops. He also declared that “deploying the Iraqi army and PMFs at the time, when the truce is still ongoing is dangerous and does not serve efforts of de-escalation”, adding that Iraqi troops have to stop the deployment and avoid escalation in order to stick to the truce. Earlier in November, Karim al-Nuri, a senior PMFs leader said that al-Hashd al-Shaabi has no intentions of attacking Erbil or deploying outside the borders of the federal government. Iraqi government forces approached the southern borders of Erbil, capital of semi-autonomous Kurdistan Region, shortly after engaging in clashes with the region’s forces in Qushtapa and Altun Kupri in northern Kirkuk in October. Baghdad had declared intentions to retake areas disputed on with Erbil following the Kurdistan Region’s vote for independence from Iraq in September, urging Peshmerga to cooperate with federal troops.