A US-led coalition air strike killed at least 16 civilians in a village north of so-called Islamic State’s Syrian stronghold of Raqqa, activists say. A spokeswoman for the Kurdish-Arab alliance, the Syria Democratic Forces (SDF), dismissed them. “There is no such thing, and any such claims are IS news,” Jihan Sheikh Ahmed told the AFP news agency. The initial report of the air strike on al-Heisha, about 40km (25 miles) north of Raqqa, came from the anti-IS activist group, Raqqa is Being Slaughtered Silently. It said 23 people had been killed and identified all but four of them.
On Sunday, Russian Foreign Minister’s Spokeswoman, Maria Zakharova, asserted that the operation against Islamic State terrorists conducted by the U.S.-led coalition in Iraq’s Mosul in conditions of absolute information blockade, has turned into a medieval massacre. According to Zakharova, the situation is worsened by the lack of systemic approach to evacuation of civilians. She also added that nothing like humanitarian corridors has been provided. A ground operation to liberate Mosul from terrorists of Islamic State began on 17th of October. It involves the Iraqi troops, Kurdish units and the US-led coalition. On 31st of October, Iraqi’s forces began assaulting the city.