Russian Foreign Ministry has stated the possibility of “new tragedies” in case Washington moves to supply lethal aid to Ukraine. “The U.S. Congress demands that the deliveries of the so-called lethal aid [to Ukraine] start, therefore it is important that the White House and the State Department realize that this could result in new tragedies, and feel the responsibility” said Ryabkov. According to him, the Russian Foreign Ministry will contribute to Washington’s “adequate perception” of what is happening in Donbas.
While International Community is currently turning its attention to Daesh and Brexit, Ukrainian crisis has not still ended, as proved by the events show below.
– “No decisions at Surkov-Nuland meeting”, Kremlin reported after summit between the Russian presidential aide and the U.S. Assistant Secretary of State for European and Eurasian Affairs. However, during this meeting, as reported by U.S. Embassy in Moscow, “the discussions were very detailed, thorough and constructive. They focused heavily on the security aspects of Minsk, including how to accelerate a full ceasefire, heavy weapons withdrawal and full OSCE access to Eastern Ukraine. They also reviewed the ongoing work on the political and humanitarian aspects of the Minsk, in support of the Normandy process,” the embassy said.
– Two citizens of Tajikistan involved in the activity of the Islamic State and wanted by Interpol were captured at the Kharkiv airport by Ukraine’s security forces.
– Ukraine’s Foreign Ministry urged the Russian Federation to stop without delay provocations against OSCE monitors to the whole Donbass.
– ” Darka Olifer, spokesperson for Leonid Kuchma who represents Ukraine in the Group during Trilateral Contact Group on Donbass explained that “security is the key issue for the Ukrainian side. Donbas continues to see shellings with the use of artillery pieces prohibited by the Minsk Agreements. Fire is also conducted on locations designated for mine-clearance.”
– During a summit with Russian diplomats, Putin rejected every charges about Ukranian context: “We sincerely wish for the settlement of the Ukraine crisis to be reached as soon as possible, we will continue to cooperate with members of the Normandy format and with the United States. We want to see a good neighbor in Ukraine, a predictable, civilized partner in peace with itself, first and foremost.”
– After Russian extension of Western food embargo until 2017, Kiev wants to reply to Moscow: “The Minister of Economic Development and Trade’s proposal is to mirror Russia’s corresponding aggressive actions,” Ukrainian Trade Representative Natalia Mykolska said.