On Friday, a high-level representative of the European Union affirmed that the European Council will not discuss the extension of sanction against Russian Federation during the meeting of next Monday. The source noted that the EU has time to make a decision on the matter until January 31 when sanctions are scheduled to expire. According to the source, the extension of economic sanctions is unlikely to be included in the agenda of the EU summit scheduled to be held in Brussels on 15th and 16th of December. On September 15, the European Union extended the ban of Russian and Ukrainian citizens and organizations for six months. The EU blacklist includes Russian officials, politicians, businessmen and law enforcement officers as well as almost all government members of the self-proclaimed Donetsk People’s Republic and Lugansk People’s Republic.
President of the European Council, Donald Tusk, affirmed that Western sanctions against Russia are most likely to be extended by another six months. During an interview with Poland’s TVN24 channel on Thursday evening, Tusk asserted that there is every indication that sanctions against Russia will be extended again at least once, when asked to comment on whether the European Union was united in its stance toward Russia. He also said that although many countries have harsh anti-Russian stance, not all EU members share it. Tusk also added that after the victory of Donald Trump in the US presidential elections, it will be harder for the West to make unanimous decisions about relations with Russia.
Setting Ukraine entry in European Union in Kiev summit beteween Donald Tusk and Petro Poroshenko.
“We are only thinking about civilian mission, not military”. As European Council President Donald Tusk replied to Ukraine President Petro Poroshenko, after he asked European Union an army operation to fight pro-Russians rebels in Donbass. In Kiev summit, Poroshenko said also that Ukraine could reach “necessary requirement to access to Eu in five years”.
About the Eu entry, Ukraine Prime Minister Arsenij Yatseniuk told on La Repubblica in 21st April that “it caused Putin and rebels attack in Donbass. Our civil war costed 1800 soldiers and 6000 civilians killed from 2014. Moreover, the ceasefire is not respected by separatist, who are following to use weapons and fire”, he ended. On the other hand, three pro-Russian journalists are killed in Kiev last week: Oles Buzina, Sergej Sukhobok and Oleg Kalashnikov. While Vladimir Putin told of “political assassination”, several Ukrainian big names unbelievably celebrated them.
More than 21000 migrants could reach Italy in 2015, after more 1700 died this year. So Eu leaders will have a summit today to hold this humanitarian emergency. As Eu Foreign Ministers have already discussed last Monday, it’s necessary an european way to create “a possible security and defence policy operation to this effect, in accordance with international law”, Eu foreign policy chief Federica Mogherini said.
Today European Council is working on 10 points plan. More financial resources and extension from Frontex to Triton’s operation area. Fingerprinting of all migrants and immediately deportation for all irregulars. Checking and peace keeping operation in countries bordering on Libyan. Deploying teams for processing of asylum applications. People allocation between European countries.
Furthermore, it’ll be told about a military operation in Tripoli’s harbours, where migrant boats depart to reach Italy. But Tripoli government, “irregular” on International Community point of view, has not accepted this armied solution. The “probably next agreement between two Libyan governments”, how Special Representative of Un Support Mission in Libya Bernardino Leon reported few days ago, could stop if Eu bombed Libyan coasts.