Egyptian President Abdel Fattah al-Sisi has received a personal message from Saudi King Salman bin Abdul-Aziz inviting him to participate in an upcoming summit involving Arab leaders and US President Donald Trump, Egypt’s presidential office said on Saturday. Al-Sisi didn’t confirmed explicitly his presence at the meeting which will be held on May, 21; however he expressed thanks for the invitation. Arab leaders set to take place in the summit include the heads of state of Jordan, Algeria, and Niger; Yemen, Morocco, Turkey, Pakistan, Iraq, and Tunisia leaders have been also invited to join the meeting. During the Riyadh summit the US President is set to discuss matters of regional significance including: how to counter the threat posed by the Islamic State group, ongoing conflicts in Syria and Yemen, and maritime shipping threats in the Red Sea
The last reported told that 44 people had been killed in the two bombs attacks, and more than 100 injured. The two bomb-suicide attacks had been take place at St. George Church in the Nile Delta town of Tanta, where at least 27 people were killed and 78 others wounded and a second explosion – which Egypt’s Interior Ministry says was caused by a suicide bomber who tried to storm St. Mark’s Cathedral in the coastal city of Alexandria – left at least 17 dead, and 48 injured. The attack came just after Pope Tawadros II – leader of the Coptic Orthodox Church of Alexandria – finished services. These attacks came at the start of Holy Week and few weeks before Pope arrival in the country. Egyptian President Abdel-Fattah el-Sissi accused unnamed countries of fueling instability in the country, adding “Egyptians have foiled plots and efforts by countries and fascist, terrorist organizations that tried to control Egypt”. El-Sisi ordered the immediate deployment of troops to assist police in protecting vital facilities across the country.