GEOPOLITICA DEL MONDO MODERNO

Tag archive

Benghazi Defence Brigade

Benghazi Defence Brigades quit Jufra as PC defence minister orders action against LNA

BreakingNews @en di

New evolutions in conflicts opposing the LNA (Libyan National Army) and BDB (Benghazi Defence Brigade) in the country. The Benghazi Defence Brigade has announced that it has pulled out of Jufra airbase near Hun and handed it over the general chief of staff of the Libyan army (the army supporting the Presidency Council). It says it has gone to another location, but has not disclosed there this it. However, in Tamenhint airbase, BDB is still in sate of siege by LNA. The PC (Presidency Council) of Tripoli ordered to its forces to move to Southern Libya to fight LNA and the Islamic State in the area, under the so-called operation: Al-Amal Al-Muad (“The Promise of Hope”).

Haftar's fighter aircraft attack opponents positions in Benghazi

BreakingNews @en di

New wave of violences in the conflict between Benghazi and the LNA (Libyan National Army). The warplanes of Dignity Operation, led by Khalifa Haftar, have carried out over five airstrikes on Benghazi Shura Council in the neighborhoods of Al-Sabri, Sooq Al-Hoot, and Ekhraibish, sources from the media said on Monday. Since two weeks, Dignity Operation has started warplanes attacks.

Libya war: Haftar forces accused of war crimes over alleged civilian killings

BreakingNews @en di

New allegation of violences from East Libyan Army. Starving residents of a besieged neighbourhood in the eastern city of Benghazi were killed by members of Khalifa Haftar’s Libyan National Army (LNA) as they tried to flee aboard a bus to find food last month, relatives of the victims have told Middle East Eye. Around 25 peoples had been killed during those exactions. The Human Right Watch, asked General Haftar to fulfil investigations.

Tobruck's government in the Cairo to ask more sustain to Haftar's operations, but Egypt has also gave its sustain to Tripoli's government BDB

BreakingNews @en di

The Tobruck’s government, guided by Abdullah Al-Thinni, had been a meeting in the Cairo to ask more sustain to Haftar’s operations. The visit comes before the meeting of the Arab foreign ministers at the Arab League prior to the Arab Summit that will take place in Amman. But Egypt has also gave its sustain to Tripoli’s government, which sustain BDB (Benghazi Defence Brigade) so the opposition of the HoR (House of Representatives) which act on the ground under the LNA (Libyan National Army). Each Libyan’s governments is trying to receive the sustain of Egypt, but Egypt seems to be more in favour of the GNA (General National Accord) than the HoR, since conflicts in the Oil Crescent. Egypt could be the State who will help to unify Libya, and allowed discussions between the divergent fractions.

Al-Sweihli arrives in Qatar for more support to GNA

BreakingNews @en di

The Head of the High Council of State (HCS) Abdelrahamn Al-Sweihli, has arrived in Qatar today on a formal visit aiming at receiving more support for the UN-brokered Government of National Accord (GNA). This diplomatic operation is looking to create international sustains to the GNA after recent troubles due to Oil crescent crisis, and the “crisis” inside Libya. Indeed, after his sustain for BDB (BengazhiDefence Brigade), GNA has lost the the faith from large part of East Libya’s population, which has reached LNA (Libyan National Army) supports and the HoR (House of Representatives). So by this way, GNA is trying to recuperate an international support to maintain his partial power on the country.

Al-Obeid accuses Khalifa Haftar of recruiting mercenaries to fight alongside his self-styled army

BreakingNews @en di

Major General Suleiman Mahmoud, the former National Transitional Council military chief, has accused renegade General KhalifaHaftar of forming an army of militias and hiring mercenaries. Speaking to BBC Arabic, Al-Obeidi said Haftar has also recruited about 500 fighters from his Al-Furjan tribe. “When Haftar was promoted to Marshal, about 7000 mercenaries from the Sudanese Justice and Equality Movement were fighting with him”, he said. Reacting to the Return to Benghazi Military Operation launched by Benghazi Defense Brigades, Al-Obeidi identified members of BDB as Benghazi’s revolutionary fighters who were forcibly driven out of the city. “I am leftist, I can’t accuse them of Islamic extremism andHaftar can’t defeat them alone”, he remarked, referring to last year intervention of two Arab countries “Egypt and UAE” to help Dignity Operation repel the advance of BDB forces. This time, Al-Obeidi called the UN to impose a no-fly zone to facilitate the march of Benghazi Defense Brigades eastward. “We are still under the 7th Chapter, those fighters are under the Government of National Accord”, he noted.

Presidency Council met with Al-Qaeda leaders to plan attack on oil ports

BreakingNews @en di

Accusations from the Dignity Operation against the President of the Council, following the recent attacks in the oil croissant. Ahmed Al-Mismari, spokesman of Dignity Operation accuses UN-proposed Presidency Council and High Council of State held secret meetings with leaders of Al-Qaeda and Muslim Brotherhood to mastermind the attack on the oil crescent region by Benghazi Defense Brigades. He claims that this alliance is linked against his organisation, against LNA (Liberation National Army). He also claimed that Al-Qaeda and Muslim Brotherhood are competing for the control of Tripoli and oil ports to have more influence on the ground. However, BDB commander Brig. Mustafa Al-Shirksi has made it clear that his brigades have no links to any group in or outside Libya. In fact, Benghazi Defense Brigades are backed by Defense Minister of Presidency Council Al-Mihdi Al-Baraghati and PC member Mohammed Amari, in addition to several brigades from Al-Bunyan Al-Marsoos Operation.

Ahmed Al-Mismari: “We defeated those terrorists several times and we are ready to defeat them again”

BreakingNews @en di

Spokesperson of Dignity Operation Ahmed Al-Mismari threatened on Monday to sweep away Libya’s oil crescent region after failing to repel the advance of Benghazi Defense Al-Mismari had confirmed his willingness to eradicate the opposition from this part of Libya, especially due to its economic importance. Furthermore, he has also threaten Tripoli. He concludes his brief speech telling that : “We defeated those terrorists several times and we are ready to defeat them again”.The conflict around the oil crescent seems to be at the beginning of a long process of tensions between both until an agreement or the full destruction of one or the other force in presence.

The RasLanuf site seems to be under control of LNA, some of them had been executed by BNB's soldiers

BreakingNews @en di

During the journey of Saturday, an important conflit took place around RasLanuf, on of the most important oil terminal in Libya. At the beginning of the day, the Libyan National Army had admitted the losing control of RasLanuf from the Benghazi Defence Brigades (BDB). Its the second important port which is removed from LNA to BDB since December. However, later in the day, according to recent informations, the LNA had takeback the oil Terminal of RasLanuf. 15 of its soldiers had been kill according to their information, but this number is still to precise. Some of them had been executed by BNB’s soldiers. The RasLanuf site seems to be under control of LNA, but the situation looks still unstable.

The Brigades of Revolutionaries in Libya want Libya to reject foreign moves to solve country’s political crisis

A group calling itself “The Brigades of Revolutionaries in Libya” rallied with several armoured vehicles in Tripoli’s Martyrs’ Square late yesterday afternoon demanding “all good Libyans” reject foreign moves to resolve the country’s political crisis. Instead they should unite behind national efforts to find a solution. The rally followed an earlier, smaller protest after Friday prayers by some of the same group in the square, but minus the weapons and armoured vehicles. The main rally was followed by a statement of their views on the Tanasah TV channel belonging to the controversial grand mufti, Sadek Al-Ghariani. He too supports national dialogue, firmly rejecting the UN-brokered Libyan Political Agreement and the Presidency Council. While national dialogue was the goal, it was made clear in the televised statement that it excluded Khalifa Hafter and his supporters. The group, linked to the largely now Tripoli-based Benghazi Defence Brigade (BDB) as well as to other radicals operating in the capital such as Salah Badi, described him as a “war criminal”.

Redazione
Vai a Inizio
× Contattaci!